Thank god, Friday is here already. What are your plans? Well, not many plans here, went dry with respect to cash. So, this weekend is gonna be simple HOW LONG CAN YOU SLEEP UNDISTURBED event a
t my home, after sipping the last round from the bottle of Black Dog Reserve I have. Today I have some trivia on Alcohol to share. Here we go:
- President Lyndon B. Johnson's favorite drink may have been scotch and soda. He would ride around his Texas ranch in an open convertible in hot weather. He drank his scotch and soda out of a large white plastic foam cup. It was believed that secret service always ensured a refill was handy for the president
- A national ban on the sale, manufacture, and transportation of alcohol was in place during 1920-1933 in United States of America. On the day, when prohibition came into effect, naval officers rowed from ship to ship and finished all alcohol in the mess.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt was elected President of the U.S. in 1932 on a pledge to end National Prohibition
- Dram also known as a Scottish term for a small glass of whisky
- Scotch in UK is enjoyed with a little water, but in spain they mix it with cola. In Japan Scotch is enjoyed with lots of water and ice, and
in China with cold green tea
- When the Scotch matures in the cask, it evaporates at the rate of 4% per annum. The evaporated part is called angel’s share. Once bottled, Scotch doesn’t evaporate
- Some whiskeys contain chemicals that only some people are genetically capable of tasting
- Lore says that Scotland brewers, used to light some of the scotch on fire to determine how much alcohol was in it. The color of the flame shows whether or not the alcohol content is right. If it burns too hot, there is too much alcohol.
Share some trivia / fun facts / quotes about Scotch / Black Dog / Alcohol with us. Also, do let us know what you would do on the weekend when you are dead broke.