Saturday, March 2, 2013

Tasting Notes -- Black Dog -- 21 yr old

Hello All,

Asian Food
    Did the weekend start with a bang? Where are the parties organised in and around Hyderabad this weekend? At my end, I attended the Pan Asian Food Festival organised at Waterside Cafe (Taj Banjara). A really lovely experience with great food, elaborate and attractive buffet of Asian food. In the company of Ms. Kavya and Rohit (My Best Buddy), I enjoyed both the Korean and the Tibetan food. Besides being my best friend, Rohit is avid reader of this blog and my other blogs. He was all interested about yesterday’s post regarding three things I wish to do before the end of 2013. He had some good  guidance to give about the trip, suggestions to make about the interiors of Thar I am about to buy and questions to ask regarding the Black Dog 21 Yr Old. He ain’t sure about how Black Dog feels like. So here is an update to him and my readers:


My View:
Luxurious finish, Majestic look (the amber golden colour), gentle aroma and wonderful taste. It doesn’t kick you out or burn you out instead goes down smoothly, makes you feel well.

Here is what Ms. Kavya has to site from her sources:

Black Dog Scotch
Color – intense amber gold with shimmering highlights

Aroma – a harmony of seductive aromas immediately arouse the senses. Add to this, Soft peaches and ripe citrus fruits coupled with pear, marzipan and bergamot.  The aged malt, sherry wood add distinctive charm and finesse

Taste – Bold and magnificent. It’s inner world. Intense flavours of Seville oranges, ripe sweet mangoes and ginger spice reward the palate, and then whispers of bitter chocolate, liquorices and crushed almonds drift lovingly on. This blend must be given the reverence. When the spirit   is held long on the palate for at least twenty one seconds, its hidden attributes reveal its inner beauty.


What have you got to say about the 21 Yr old Black Dog Scotch.  Consider catching more info about Black Dog on their facebook page. Do let me know.


Abhishek Boinapalli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know how you feel......